What is on my firefish goby???

ellie.a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
Im very new to marine fish keeping. I got a firefish goby two weeks ago. Upon getting it, it looked in very good shape. But just a couple of days ago, I started noticing that its tail was frayed and now i noticed some white fuzzy spots on its body. Could someone help me identify what it is and how I can help the fish?
I attached a video
29270659-5EF3-4588-9431-654EA0CD40CA.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Picture is fuzzy but appears to be either lymphocystis or bacterial in which I’m leaning towards bacterial. Assure you have Good water quality and diet
Being that this is a somewhat delicate fish, I would use ruby rally pro which is reef safe

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

ellie.a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture is fuzzy but appears to be either lymphocystis or bacterial in which I’m leaning towards bacterial. Assure you have Good water quality and diet
Being that this is a somewhat delicate fish, I would use ruby rally pro which is reef safe
Thanks for this! I’m from Australia and I don’t believe we have ruby rally pro available here. Are there other alternatives you may know of?

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for this! I’m from Australia and I don’t believe we have ruby rally pro available here. Are there other alternatives you may know of?
Maracyn 2

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

ellie.a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maracyn 2
I'm afraid that is not available in Australia as well :( Do you think tri sulfa tablets would work? the ingredients are sulfadizine,sulfadimidine, and sulfamerazine.

If it isn't reef safe, I think I would just have to take him out and put him in a QT(which I already have set up). But i would probably have to take out my rocks and anemone and re-scape :(

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back