What is this coral and how do I split it?

wannabereefer99

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know one is the pulsing Xenia, and I believe the other is what looks to be like a chalice? How would I split them? They came home from the lfs when getting some extra live rock.
IMG_2314.jpeg
IMG_2313.jpeg
 
Привет. второй коралл — Дискосома. мягкий. их можно аккуратно разделить ножом/скальпелем. Животному никакого вреда не будет.
 
1) Definitely not an emergency - Unless one of those corals is talking and giving you the winning lotto numbers.

2) It looks like the 2 corals are held together by some hair algae. Why not just pull apart the hair algae and try to remove it before adding to your tank.

Dave B
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new