What is this on my Acan?

Britttt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I recently bought a new Acan and today I've noticed these arms growing off it that look similar to a colourless Zoa or Duncan head. One of them seems to have detached from the Acan and growing out of a hole in the live rock.

I've never noticed anything like this on my other Acan that I've had for months.

I've been lucky and have had no experience with pests or hitchhikers yet.. can't seem to find anything like this on google. Please help distinguish what this is!!

Thank you!!!

Screenshot_20200404-133032.png
Screenshot_20200404-133019.png
 
O
Aptasia! Get it out !
Oh my you're right!! I've googled it and that's it!! Thank you so much for the quick response!! Any tips on getting it out and ensuring it doesn't come back??
 
Be careful with removal, if you do it improperly they can spawn and end up everywhere. With just a couple like this, you can use boiling water or make a kalk paste. Some really great YouTube vids on the topic.
 
I super glue the dickens out of their hole and let them slowly perish while they think about why they decided to invade.
 
Hi all,

I recently bought a new Acan and today I've noticed these arms growing off it that look similar to a colourless Zoa or Duncan head. One of them seems to have detached from the Acan and growing out of a hole in the live rock.

I've never noticed anything like this on my other Acan that I've had for months.

I've been lucky and have had no experience with pests or hitchhikers yet.. can't seem to find anything like this on google. Please help distinguish what this is!!

Thank you!!!

Screenshot_20200404-133032.png
Screenshot_20200404-133019.png
Aiptasia: best to get them under control right away. Joe's Juice works really well. Also get some peppermint shrimp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new