What is this on my Duncan?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nisemu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nisemu

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2023
Messages
87
Reaction score
19
Location
FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was a new head but I don't know.

B30BF423-93DE-4600-BAD3-1BAC499D7296_1_201_a.jpeg 62909CBB-3762-4BD3-92B1-3ABC2B8ADD56_1_201_a.jpeg
 
I thought it was a new head but I don't know.

B30BF423-93DE-4600-BAD3-1BAC499D7296_1_201_a.jpeg 62909CBB-3762-4BD3-92B1-3ABC2B8ADD56_1_201_a.jpeg
Its a poriferan sponge known as clatharina sponge and will continue to spread upwards. Best removal is to place frag in a container of tank water and remove with a dental pick or small crochet needle and discard.

Harbor freight:

dental picks.png
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new