What is this snail/polyp thing??

crazy4clowns

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
united states
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am trying and struggling to keep coral and I just brought in a tuxedo urchin to help with my algae issue and he when I bought him had a green star polyp on him the store gave me for free. I noticed this little thing crawling around and at first I thought it was also a star polyp but this thing CRUISES and moves around the tank and is currently obsessed with my Rasta coral thoughts on what this is ?? Also yes I lm aware that Algae has taken over my Rasta so if you have tips for that too I’m all ears

853606AD-22F3-41E2-8F9F-4ABB693A158C.jpeg 704BF4C6-074E-4FE1-AAA8-52BD34CDE178.jpeg A2B21D87-690C-44B3-AF93-42CE676D471C.jpeg
 
Point a flashlight at it or set your lights to white and then take the picture. It's notoriously difficult to figure anything out when everything is blue. Also, if it's cruising around the tank, it might be easier for us to tell when it's not in the algae.
 
Yeah, it's pretty tough to see in the pics - could you pull it out of the tank in a bowl of tank water and get some white light pics of it against a solid color background?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new