What is this thick red algae

ReefNewbie12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2021
Messages
74
Reaction score
25
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Yeah, I got no words here, it seems to have sprung up randomly (like all the worst algaes do) and didn’t appear near a frag or anything, what is this? Is it some sort of super-cyanobacteria? Will it harm my corals or snails? (I’m afraid the latter would probably eat it regardless) And most importantly, if it’s not cyano, how do I get rid of it? It’s growing on both the sandbed and the rockwork.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new