What is wrong with my euphyllia?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KVYA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past week this head has started receding unexpectedly. There has not been any trauma done to it and my flow is very gentle. It's a slow pulse wave. About a month ago the same thing happened to one of my frogspawns. It just started to recede but there's no signs of brown jelly

IMG_0261.JPG
 
For the past week this head has started receding unexpectedly. There has not been any trauma done to it and my flow is very gentle. It's a slow pulse wave. About a month ago the same thing happened to one of my frogspawns. It just started to recede but there's no signs of brown jelly

IMG_0261.JPG
I had that happen when I added GFO to my system and dropped phosphates too quickly.
 
I had that happen when I added GFO to my system and dropped phosphates too quickly.
I haven't added any type of phosphate reducing media or liquids though. And it's only happening to one of the heads
 
Hard to tell sometimes with these coral especially of you haven't changed any parameters lately. If you don't see any signs of brown jelly I wouldn't mess with it too much and see if it comes back. May jut be having an off day. LOL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new