What is wrong with my tank

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if the icp uploaded correctly but the tin is at 5.19ug/L
I found some other threads where @Randy Holmes-Farley said tin is not concerning at higher levels so I’m still kind of lost
Looks like your bromine and iodine are low, I dose iodine when mine was low and notice a little improvement in coral health. Bromine is a major element and may cause a problem when low, I would dose bromine if you can. It should be replenished with the WC I would think. And the high tin? I had the same results and found a stainless steel hose clamp rusting in the sump, was not in the water but the rust flakes where getting in. When I replaced them with plastic and did WC the tin dropped and now at nil.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you. you consider the alk at 8.5 too high?
I can definitely agree that the nutrients are too low. Phosphate is just consumed so quickly its hard to keep up without accidentally overdosing
I agree, bromine and iodine are major elements in the nutrient group. You are very low on these two.

OP
OP
ReefLab

ReefLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, bromine and iodine are major elements in the nutrient group. You are very low on these two.
Thank you. I have read other threads with tin as high as 15ug/l and randy has mentioned that it may not be an issue even at those levels.
I am thinking that deficiencies are what is causing coral death and bromine and iodine may be a part of that. I just don’t know how to safely remedy those things since I can’t easily test for them.
Just weekly water changes I guess?

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has your tank been up? Also, look really hard in your sump and tank for any screws that might have fallen in. My friend was loosing sps, was driving him crazy...turned out there was a rusty screw in his calrx media.
I had a nano mag pop open and crash my tank.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI Elements Bromine Supplement for Reef Aquariums
This may be helpful. BRS has this I believe, and many other brands. Bromine is similar to chlorine.
Check out this article I found, just for your info. https://www.joy-reef.com/en/bromine/

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back