What is your current Triton Core7 Dosage?

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought Triton supplement package and I am looking to see what people who are using the Triton method have found as their steady/stable dose.

If you're using Triton, I'd like to know:

1) What dosage of the Triton supplements are you using?
2) Your total system volume
3) Your stocking [light, medium, heavy]
4) Stocking type [softies/LPS/SPS, mixed]
5) Additional supplements that you are adding on a [relatively] regular basis

A FTS or similar would be awesome too, to get a visual representation of your tank demands

Thanks! I hope this can be a reference going forward for people to get a more realistic estimate of what doses [and subsequent cost] might be involved with a tank using the Triton method!

I have made a simple spreadsheet [for myself] to estimate the costs and compare the base of water changes + 2 part vs Triton method. This is what spurs me to ask what people are dosing in their systems vs the 2mL/26G suggested starting dose.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LF41F9b_F6ezJoDBnKvMiifhA/edit#gid=1015903254

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it breaks down that for every ml you dose of the triton elements equals .1 dkh for every fifty gallons of water.

So u have a hundred gallon tank and your tank is consuming .8 dkh a day you will be doseing 16 ml of triton to stay "stable"

Thanks for the spread sheet

I'm doseing 22ml a day on a hundred gallon system 90 gallon tank 40 gallon sump.
Last recent pics in my phone

IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2591.JPG
IMG_2682.JPG

Something like 44 sps corals I forget

OP
OP
Reef of Fillory

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it breaks down that for every ml you dose of the triton elements equals .1 dkh for every fifty gallons of water.

So u have a hundred gallon tank and your tank is consuming .8 dkh a day you will be doseing 16 ml of triton to stay "stable"

Thanks for the spread sheet

I'm doseing 22ml a day on a hundred gallon system 90 gallon tank 40 gallon sump.
Last recent pics in my phone

IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2591.JPG
IMG_2682.JPG

Something like 44 sps corals I forget
So if that trend of alkalinity demand stays in the same ballpark with other tanks, you could expect to use/spend close to 3x as much as the "recommended" dose

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have been at 22 ml for awhile now so maybe

I don't know what the recommended doseage is but right now I'm loseing 1.1 dkh a day. I like the results I'm seeing plus it's so easy I test alk everyday at ten pm that's it so far beside calibration of my doseing heads every three months.

Way more time enjoying the tank this way

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back