What is your current Triton Core7 Dosage?

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought Triton supplement package and I am looking to see what people who are using the Triton method have found as their steady/stable dose.

If you're using Triton, I'd like to know:

1) What dosage of the Triton supplements are you using?
2) Your total system volume
3) Your stocking [light, medium, heavy]
4) Stocking type [softies/LPS/SPS, mixed]
5) Additional supplements that you are adding on a [relatively] regular basis

A FTS or similar would be awesome too, to get a visual representation of your tank demands

Thanks! I hope this can be a reference going forward for people to get a more realistic estimate of what doses [and subsequent cost] might be involved with a tank using the Triton method!

I have made a simple spreadsheet [for myself] to estimate the costs and compare the base of water changes + 2 part vs Triton method. This is what spurs me to ask what people are dosing in their systems vs the 2mL/26G suggested starting dose.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LF41F9b_F6ezJoDBnKvMiifhA/edit#gid=1015903254

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it breaks down that for every ml you dose of the triton elements equals .1 dkh for every fifty gallons of water.

So u have a hundred gallon tank and your tank is consuming .8 dkh a day you will be doseing 16 ml of triton to stay "stable"

Thanks for the spread sheet

I'm doseing 22ml a day on a hundred gallon system 90 gallon tank 40 gallon sump.
Last recent pics in my phone

IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2591.JPG
IMG_2682.JPG

Something like 44 sps corals I forget

OP
OP
Reef of Fillory

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it breaks down that for every ml you dose of the triton elements equals .1 dkh for every fifty gallons of water.

So u have a hundred gallon tank and your tank is consuming .8 dkh a day you will be doseing 16 ml of triton to stay "stable"

Thanks for the spread sheet

I'm doseing 22ml a day on a hundred gallon system 90 gallon tank 40 gallon sump.
Last recent pics in my phone

IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2591.JPG
IMG_2682.JPG

Something like 44 sps corals I forget
So if that trend of alkalinity demand stays in the same ballpark with other tanks, you could expect to use/spend close to 3x as much as the "recommended" dose

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have been at 22 ml for awhile now so maybe

I don't know what the recommended doseage is but right now I'm loseing 1.1 dkh a day. I like the results I'm seeing plus it's so easy I test alk everyday at ten pm that's it so far beside calibration of my doseing heads every three months.

Way more time enjoying the tank this way

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back