What is your job/occupation

Amazing. I can never understand how you take a 500 ton piece of steel and get it within such tight tolerance to be able to weld it up.
If it don’t fit get a bigger beater! Lol but for real it’s amazing and the night we go up the funner it is.
 
I am always interested in people career choice. I am wondering how many here are actually in the field we love, fishes.

I am a claims adjuster. I have been a manager, supervisor, and adjuster for 20+ years. It is constant source of conflict and stress.

What do you folks do and how do you like it?

(Anyone have a job for me in NC?):)
Chef and restauranteur
 
I am a manager for a municipal environmental fund. Absolutely love my field and job. It can be a bit of a struggle juggling 2 youngish kids and full-time job...and now I’ve thrown a saltwater tank into the mix - but also love my new babies (fish, snails, crabs, and coral!) so I don’t mind juggling. Well... most days anyway :)
 
Millwright (heavy machinery & power train installation) by trade, but due to some various things I now find myself owning a machinery installation business, a real estate holding company, vice president of another machinery installation business, and treasurer/co-owner of a reinforcing steel (rebar, post tensioning, barrier cable) contractor.
 
Sys Admin for the federal government. I love it. Great pay in my opinion. Not as much stress as the private sector. My old job I was on call 24/7. Often had to wake up at all hours of the night. Worked way too many hours and no OT. I love anything to do with technology so perfect job for me. I'd be doing the same stuff even if I didn't get paid for it.
I also work for the fed - as a microbiologist. Which department are you with? I’m with USDA.
 
Was in the army for almost 4 years :)
But now I'm a high lift operator at C&S Wholesale Grocers. Lousy management. But good pay.
I wanna have a fish store one day. Or an outdoors shop (hunting fishing etc). Hopefully I'll win the lottery tomorrow :p
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new