What is your job/occupation

Johnny M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Medical lab tech in 70's, was in charge of a small lab inside a doctor's group ( this was b4 LabCorp & LabQuest started). Got my BA in Psychology in early 80's and worked a private psychiatric hosp. for 2 yrs. but didn't pay well. Stocked shelves in supermarket for a few years - night crew. Final occupation : Senior Correction Officer - State sex offenders prison - 25yrs., 1987 - 2012, then retired with a pretty nice pension including health benefits. *knew the I/M that killed 7 yr old Megan Kanka in '94 that started the whole Meagens' law and sex offender registration programs that started here and adopted across the country. **Boy if I could write a book about what I saw working that jail for 25yrs.!!!

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retired Unix/Linux sysadmin. I worked in aerospace, IC manufacturing, photo mask manufacturing, Stanford University Networking, and finally NRL, Naval Research Lab in Monterey CA.

One of my main requirements was good toys! It’s all about the toys...lol!

Last edited:

loudermilkjohn65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8c75d5a2a6671c096bb64d19769dce45.jpg

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I retired early from the IT Support company I founded in 2001. The business has 20 employees now primarily supporting medical offices and law firms all over Oregon & Washington and specializes in supporting Epic medical record systems. Great niche to be in, as it allowed me to retire and still collect profits from the business.

I've worked in the IT industry since 1986, so I've pretty much seen the whole evolution of personal computers since the beginning. I specialized in networking, security, and the whole suite of Microsoft server products.

I've put my IT skills to use with a lot of home automation, networking, and of course my Apex setup. I'm pretty obsessed with my Apex so if you have any questions or problems with yours, I can probably help.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my butt beat on by the Bering Sea for almost 30 years now as a commercial fisherman. (Chief Engineer). Seen the "Deadliest Catch"? That's me, except we catch Pacific Cod versus Crab.
Actually I am writing this from my cabin on the boat as I fly home tomorrow from Dutch Harbor AK after a very nice season. (I am so dang excited!!!...weather has been absolutely horrible for the better part of 2 months straight). I will be off until end of May, and we do it all again....sometimes (often) I wonder if I should get my head examined...LOL...... Looking forward to getting back to the 'Tank".

Back