What is your job/occupation

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also work for the fed - as a microbiologist. Which department are you with? I’m with USDA.

AOUSC/Judiciary. I've been there six months. Time has just flown by so far. I was at my last job for 4 years and I was the sole Sys Admin for our "Datacenter". I learned a lot but there was sure a lot of stress.

Adalius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does one obtain this sort of job?
Go to your local union hall. Usually they have testing every month, or more frequent if its busy, you take the test, and any follow up ones if needed (for the millwrights we had to do one 'can you spell your name' and then one at the college with spatial reasoning, math, etc), then start the apprenticeship. Some locals let you buy your book but this is frowned upon (and normally not even allowed if you don't have relevant trade experience to start with).

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Independent investor, real estate agent, property manager, coral propagation ;).

I was a financial advisor/stockbroker/wealth mgmt person previously with a highly reguarded and major international financial institution. I left on good terms lol, just wanted more flexibility and real estate and investing on my own helps provide that.

Last edited:

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in the semiconductor industry where we make flash memory chips. Everything is made with a series of chemicals which are plumbed and distributed throughout the entire building. I manage a team that maintains/services the equipment that distributes the chem. I love my job, it’s pretty much a combination of chemistry, plumbing, electrical, and communication. It’s crazy how much of my job applies to keeping a reef; from understanding the chemistry, to establishing redundancy and a solid maintenance program, to programming an apex and a lot of stuff in between.

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chef. I’ve been in kitchens sense I was a child. Got my first paid job in 2000 as a prep cook and worked my way up. Held two “executive chef” positions. Now I cook at a small restaurant, I do catering on the side as well as private dinners, and I’m considering jumping into the food truck business TBD. Been a long road and ate a lot of great food, probably more bad food though[emoji17].

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Portfolio manager / principal at a commercial real estate/development company. I do everything from reporting to investors, deciding which assets to buy, sell, renovate, etc, to getting the loans from banks.

Here’s one we built in the last few years and we have some more underway.

c3dbdeff52261d1a17339c89810a839b.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back