What killed my Trachy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter waldospe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

waldospe

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2023
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Location
New Hampshire
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first expensive LPS and it seems to have died straight away. Wondering if the dark colored growth had something to do with it?

Params are all stable and in range - I use an apex.

I’ve lowered my light and got the coral in some pretty slow current.

I don’t think it’ll be able to come back but I got rid of that dark colored growth and dropped it back in the tank.

IMG_3746.jpeg
 
This is my first expensive LPS and it seems to have died straight away. Wondering if the dark colored growth had something to do with it?

Params are all stable and in range - I use an apex.

I’ve lowered my light and got the coral in some pretty slow current.

I don’t think it’ll be able to come back but I got rid of that dark colored growth and dropped it back in the tank.

IMG_3746.jpeg
What fish are in the tank?
 
Need complete tank parameters including age of the tank and par. Trachys can be difficult corals.
 
How long did it take before it declined. Was it healthy looking for a while ?
 
I don’t see a good prognosis for that trachy TBH

not a solution but sometimes you might get a rash of LPS dying…I’ve had this happen more than a few times.
Not exactly BDJ but I suspect something bacterial, I dunno

Right now I loose a euphillia head 1x/week or a trachy or a Lobo or a elegans, whatever…..

Not saying this applies to you, but it happens… Again not sure of the cure protocol either: ABC dip (or whatever) Cipro, Oxalic acid or whatever…. Luckily we got resident graymatter and I’ll follow to see what folks say
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new