What kind of tiny crab?

bigjoker208

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2016
Messages
32
Reaction score
28
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little guy came in on a piece of coral. What is he? Good or bad? In the sump for now.

IMG_4711.JPG


IMG_4714.JPG


IMG_4713.JPG
 
Looks sort of like red galathea crab, but colors are super muted. Is he fuzzy?

Worm sort of looks like bristle worm, but I'm not seeing any spines. Was that one fuzzy too?
 
Looks sort of like red galathea crab, but colors are super muted. Is he fuzzy?

Worm sort of looks like bristle worm, but I'm not seeing any spines. Was that one fuzzy too?
I believe you are correct, I can see spines.

The Red Galathea crab seems to be spot on (or at least in the same family, since this one is very dull colored) with the way it looks. It did have little fuzzys and three little legs as well. The pointy claws concerned me because i read somewhere that "round claws are good, pointy claws are bad." Generally.

The worm may also be a type of bristle worm. It actually didn't happen to have any bristles. I think what appears as bristles in the picture was the mucus it was secreating sticking to the paper towel. It looks just like a small smooth earthworm. Thanks for the replies!!

Im getting the feeling that overall they are both safe!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new