What live food tofeed dwarf lion fish

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m researching the food dwarf lion fish will eat. Preferably something I can keep in a 10 gallon tank so I don’t have to go to the pet shop every 3 days.

The store fed the lion fish ghost shrimp. This is appealing to me because they are also freshwater, but today I read that lion fish need variety.

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guppies are another live, easy to store fish. You can mix frozen food with the live if you want variety if it will go for it.

One big bonus to holding your feeders, is you can gut feed the feeder shortly before catching them, so they have the extra nutrition from whatever they ate.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the max size fish a dwarf fuzzy lion fish can eat? I have some small fish in my tank (small damsels) that I’m willing to compromise.

Since I’m already compromising the small fish, I am tempted to add an angler frogfish.

LAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m researching the food dwarf lion fish will eat. Preferably something I can keep in a 10 gallon tank so I don’t have to go to the pet shop every 3 days.

The store fed the lion fish ghost shrimp. This is appealing to me because they are also freshwater, but today I read that lion fish need variety.
Ghost shrimp are fine. But I do not recommend feeding live fish. It’s not healthy and it’s just gross. Try frozen foods.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back