What live food tofeed dwarf lion fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Miami Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Miami Reef

Reef Chem Enthusiast
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
17,255
Reaction score
29,664
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m researching the food dwarf lion fish will eat. Preferably something I can keep in a 10 gallon tank so I don’t have to go to the pet shop every 3 days.

The store fed the lion fish ghost shrimp. This is appealing to me because they are also freshwater, but today I read that lion fish need variety.
 
Guppies are another live, easy to store fish. You can mix frozen food with the live if you want variety if it will go for it.

One big bonus to holding your feeders, is you can gut feed the feeder shortly before catching them, so they have the extra nutrition from whatever they ate.
 
What’s the max size fish a dwarf fuzzy lion fish can eat? I have some small fish in my tank (small damsels) that I’m willing to compromise.

Since I’m already compromising the small fish, I am tempted to add an angler frogfish.
 
I’m researching the food dwarf lion fish will eat. Preferably something I can keep in a 10 gallon tank so I don’t have to go to the pet shop every 3 days.

The store fed the lion fish ghost shrimp. This is appealing to me because they are also freshwater, but today I read that lion fish need variety.
Ghost shrimp are fine. But I do not recommend feeding live fish. It’s not healthy and it’s just gross. Try frozen foods.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new