What makes a tank stand out from the rest?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always love looking at the variety of tanks that are posted on here daily. From the small tanks, to the large ones, there's always something that is interesting to see. I am wondering what to you makes a tank stand out from the crowd? Is it what is kept in the tank? The size of the tank? Curious to see what everyone's input is!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it's how natural it looks. I don't like to see a tank full of sticks or a myriad of fish if they don't seem to be in the sea.

All tanks change over the years (If you keep them running long enough) because of obvious things. We add and remove things. Have to retrieve a broken heater or remove something that grew to large or we move.

I think a big problem is if we can see completely through the tank or see the back glass. That kills it for me as it is not natural. I really hate to see a picture of a tank with an algae clip on the front glass or frags with rubber bands all over the place.
I think my tank looked pretty natural here which was many years ago.

But I think it looked the most natural here which was probably from the 80s or 90s but I don't remember

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.1%
Back