OP
Sandroni

Sandroni

Professional Coral Bleacher
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IO is $47 on Amazon and Red Sea is $66 at DFS. IO says it will do 25 gallons more but in the real world, I doubt it. Even if it does that makes RS 60% more.
Do you like the Red Sea salt better? Have you noticed any difference when mixing? Has it help with coral growth? Just curious
because the Red Sea salt is double the price of Instant Ocean. I guess I need to see some benefits to switching salts.
I but it by the 1 gallon.... I feel doing it that way I use what I need. My growth has been a lot better honestly, mixing is a hassle but I overall do like it, they all is just a little above my liking but it is on par about every time.

jimmy2times

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua forest all the way recently switched from HW which is great to so I’m between the two but they 100% synthetic with everything added into the mix top notch but pricy to lil bit. Best reading to y’all

SPS Junky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!!! Beautiful.
Gorgeous reef!! I use Kent Reef Salt and their Tech CB two-part. Kent's Reef Salt mixes high on Alk, Calc, and Mag, which works out great for helping to bump low numbers with a water change when you want to start dosing. Then the two-part daily. Numbers have been spot on.

scurvy dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont do Fritz, i would stick with RSCP. I know multiple awesome tanks that crashed from Fritz. Its very controversial right now also with very high ALK btw. Another option that ive actually heard is maybe the best out there is hotsalt ;)
Interesting comment on Fritz. I use it and have had nothing but positive results. In my research before switching to Fritz I never came across anything that suggested a tank crash because of Fritz.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried almost every brand. I'm surprised it took so long in the comments for Tropic Marin Pro to come up. It's supposed to be one of the best salts available, though expensive.

I have had good tank results with Red Sea Blue Bucket but also got this brown rocky sand at the bottom of the bucket after mixing all the time. Never knew what it was.

Then switched to Kent Marine. I had good results but in a chart I read it contains low Mag. The chart may be outdated and they may have changed the formula.

I've used Aquaforest Probiotic and regular version and think both suck. I've used Tropic Marin BioActif and didn't see results costing almost $100/bucket.

Now I'm using IO because I got the 200 gallon box on sale from Drs Foster&Smith.

But I think I may stick with Red Sea Blue Bucket from now on. The Coral Pro is only good if your tank is wall to wall corals, imo.

So I would recommend Red Sea Blue or Kent Marine.

Deaf clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My favorite salt was seachems purple lid bucket that they don’t make any more. Switched to AF probiotic-hated it. Fritz-meh, I’m indifferent. Thinking about switching to IO just because old school reefers still use it and still have success. Plus it’s cheap!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back