What should I do to keep my anemone healthy keeps taking a long time to inflate when tank lights are on just got it recently 4days ago

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help any advice?

IMG_4605.jpeg

Attachments

• 70760586997__56C6A49F-0E8F-45C2-9B74-AFE73B6546D2.mov
    30.8 MB
OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally like a week old I kept looking on YouTube and it said to cycle my tank for a week to put new corals in now I’m reading that you have to wait a couple months until you put in any anemones in the tank and I feel like I messed up on that, just trying to help it survive rather than give up on it

OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point unless you can return it all you can do is let it be. Try to make sure it has sufficient light and flow and hope for the best.
Ok thank you, I would return if I could I ordered through the mail and if I send back I don’t think it would be able to survive on it’s own. I have been trying to cycle my lights by keeping them on for 9-12 hours and off for 9-12 hours

OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooof yeah get that out tanks need like a month to cycle unless seeded with live rock
I have live rock in my tank he just decided to go down on the sand it’s own, just gonna keep a close eye on it… honestly should of done some more anemone research before hand just new to this

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I have live rock in my tank he just decided to go down on the sand it’s own, just gonna keep a close eye on it… honestly should of done some more anemone research before hand just new to this
I’ve done the same! If it makes you feel better my nem is still thriving good to hear you had live rock this helps

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally like a week old I kept looking on YouTube and it said to cycle my tank for a week to put new corals in now I’m reading that you have to wait a couple months until you put in any anemones in the tank and I feel like I messed up on that, just trying to help it survive rather than give up on it
I got mine at 3 months and he has survived a new tank, a new tank losing all its water, transfer in buckets, and another new tank since March :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve done the same! If it makes you feel better my nem is still thriving
I’ve done the same! If it makes you feel better my nem is still thriving good to hear you had live rock this helps
I got mine at 3 months and he has survived a new tank, a new tank losing all its water, transfer in buckets, and another new tank since March :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Update the nem hasn’t opened all day yet barely seems to be inflating yesterday it inflated around 2 hours after the light has been on I will send a before and after around the same time as yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_4608.jpeg
    IMG_4608.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4589.jpeg
    IMG_4589.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update the nem hasn’t opened all day yet barely seems to be inflating yesterday it inflated around 2 hours after the light has been on I will send a before and after around the same time as yesterday
Also blocked off the nem from the Kenya tree since it’s an aggressive species

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Also blocked off the nem from the Kenya tree since it’s an aggressive species
Not super necessary atm he needs to really focus on water quality tbh I’m not even sure if that’s a real Kenya tree kinda looks artificial

OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not super necessary atm he needs to really focus on water quality tbh I’m not even sure if that’s a real Kenya tree kinda looks artificial
Nope it’s a real Kenya tree going to let the nem and corals rest lights been on for 9 hours

Attachments

• IMG_4609.jpeg
    IMG_4609.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4612.jpeg
    IMG_4612.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is brand new, it’s not the right environment for an anemone. Wait at least 6 months, ideally 12.

You should get rid of the plastic / fake stuff in the tank. It could leach bad substances and cause you problems.
Ok I will keep them in mind I looked up the ordiments and they are saltwater friendly gonna take them out when the corals chill out just to be safe because I feel like they are under stress being in a new tank

OP
OP
A

ajdinp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 14 000 K reef-capable LED for my lighting it’s really basic lighting I’m thinking about upgrading the lights since I can’t dim or control them they just go on and off, right now I just cycle them for 9-12 hours on and off I barely use any blue light also I just basically run whites throughout most of the day

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I have 14 000 K reef-capable LED for my lighting it’s really basic lighting I’m thinking about upgrading the lights since I can’t dim or control them they just go on and off, right now I just cycle them for 9-12 hours on and off I barely use any blue light also I just basically run whites throughout most of the day
Could you post the brand also white lighting is more for humans blue lighting is best for corals to grow healthy but nems do like some white lighting but you also need blues I run 0% whites in my tank

Back