Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6242.JPG
IMG_6245.JPG

here are some pics of her. just fed her the food with Metroplex, Focus, and GalicGuard. hoping for the best!

also, @ngoodermuth , should I also dose the water with Metroplex? should I do any other meds with it?

Has this ever happened to you @evolved and any suggestions other than what im doing?
That poor girl, I hope she responds well to the treatment

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6242.JPG
IMG_6245.JPG

here are some pics of her. just fed her the food with Metroplex, Focus, and GalicGuard. hoping for the best!

also, @ngoodermuth , should I also dose the water with Metroplex? should I do any other meds with it?

Has this ever happened to you @evolved and any suggestions other than what im doing?

You really want it in the gut, so if she is eating it that is the best you can do.

Does it look like she is floating and struggling to stay under the surface now?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has more times than I can count. And I hate to add the not-so-uplifting mention that I've never saved one from it either. I have seen a few others be successful though, so it's certainly possible. Wish I had more to add; sorry.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really want it in the gut, so if she is eating it that is the best you can do.

Does it look like she is floating and struggling to stay under the surface now?

she is floating, but she is not struggling to stay under. if I touch her, she is able to dive down, but then she goes limp again.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has more times than I can count. And I hate to add the not-so-uplifting mention that I've never saved one from it either. I have seen a few others be successful though, so it's certainly possible. Wish I had more to add; sorry.

thanks for the response! hopefully she will make it

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
she is floating, but she is not struggling to stay under. if I touch her, she is able to dive down, but then she goes limp again.

Does it look like she has a bubble or bulge under her stomach? I’m still wondering about swim bladder...

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look like she has a bubble or bulge under her stomach? I’m still wondering about swim bladder...
honestly, it doesn't really look like it, but im not so sure. The 5 days she did not eat I expected her to have a pinched stomach but she stayed fat looking. Would it help if I got a pic of her stomach for you?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly, it doesn't really look like it, but im not so sure. The 5 days she did not eat I expected her to have a pinched stomach but she stayed fat looking. Would it help if I got a pic of her stomach for you?

It might, a video could possibly help too.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: wrasse is still eating good and color looks good. It seems like she cant go below the surface, so im thinking it might be swim bladder, but im not sure. @ngoodermuth , im not able to upload a video on here because I dont have a youtube account. Do you have a Facebook account? I can upload it on there

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: wrasse is still eating good and color looks good. It seems like she cant go below the surface, so im thinking it might be swim bladder, but im not sure. @ngoodermuth , im not able to upload a video on here because I dont have a youtube account. Do you have a Facebook account? I can upload it on there
It's actually pretty easy to set up a YouTube account, and it's free. Then all you have do is copy and paste a link here

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually pretty easy to set up a YouTube account, and it's free. Then all you have do is copy and paste a link here

Vimeo is a good one too... I think it uploads better quality.

If you do think it’s swim bladder, then short of venting... there’s not much that can be done and prognosis is not so good.

There’s a pretty descriptive thread and video here to show how the venting process works... but I think some fish end up dying from the shock/stress of the procedure anyway.

Venting a Swim Bladder: Black Cap Basslet
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...adder:-Black-Cap-Basslet.219954/&share_type=t

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
So I have some bad news. The wrasse didn't make it. She was dead this morning and last night her color looked bad and she didn't eat. Thank you all for your help and generosity, especially @Mjrenz and @ngoodermuth
I hate that she died, but I honestly think it was for the best. she wasn't improving very much and being paralyzed is no kind of life. once again, thank you all.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back