What Should I Do With Dying Wrasse???

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh my gosh, are you serious!!?? do you want me to pay shipping or anything?
Of course I'm serious, I will cover the shipping;). I'm not sure if you've seen my thread but I've had some very generous people do quite a bit for me

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Grindal Worms should get to on Friday, I hope your wrasse enjoys them! How's she doing now?

thank you so much! still eating good. seems to be more active. she darted across the tank when I accidentally spooked her removing the lid. She still lays limp on the bottom or floats on the top though.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: ok, so, bad news. the meds came in completely demolished. I spoke to Amazon and even the manager can't ship it overnight to me.:( The best they can do is the standard two day shipping, which will be Friday. I ordered the three pack of Kanaplex, Focus, and Metroplex. The powder is in the shipping box. Should I treat her with the powder even though it is probably a mix of all three? The dosages are different so I assume no, but I thought I would ask. @ngoodermuth @HotRocks , any input on what I should do with these?
IMG_6240.JPG

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: ok, so, bad news. the meds came in completely demolished. I spoke to Amazon and even the manager can't ship it overnight to me.:( The best they can do is the standard two day shipping, which will be Friday. I ordered the three pack of Kanaplex, Focus, and Metroplex. The powder is in the shipping box. Should I treat her with the powder even though it is probably a mix of all three? The dosages are different so I assume no, but I thought I would ask. @ngoodermuth @HotRocks , any input on what I should do with these?
IMG_6240.JPG

I wouldn’t use the powder from the box... no way to know how much of each you are dosing or if it’s been contaminated during shipping. Is there anything salvageable from the containers themselves? What a bummer :(

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t use the powder from the box... no way to know how much of each you are dosing or if it’s been contaminated during shipping. Is there anything salvageable from the containers themselves? What a bummer :(
nothing salvageable at all. the bottles are crushed to bits. and all the powder fell out into the box. I just hope its not too late to treat her

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6240.JPG
Wow, what bad timing. I hope you can get something worked out

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the ??? did they pack the box with, bricks?

I think they did. lol.

BUT! Great news! Something came up and I had to go to the town that my LFS is in and I got the Metroplex. I also got Focus and pretty much every Seachem med they had on hand. going to treat her now and will post pics of her in a bit.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6242.JPG
IMG_6245.JPG

here are some pics of her. just fed her the food with Metroplex, Focus, and GalicGuard. hoping for the best!

also, @ngoodermuth , should I also dose the water with Metroplex? should I do any other meds with it?

Has this ever happened to you @evolved and any suggestions other than what im doing?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back