What should I do with this digitata?

The Muffinman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a red digitata frag for free from a local reefer and the frag itself didnt look so good when I got it.

So I snapped the frag into 3 pieces and managed to keep one thats in full condition and 2 being not so good.

It seems like that part is dead and some green algaes are growing on the dead area.

What should I do? Do i cut that part off again or scrape it off? Or does the digitata has no chance of surviving?

1695720388318.png

OP
OP
The Muffinman

The Muffinman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had digi come back from some awful looking conditions. Just give it flow and light and most likely it will recover as they are pretty hardy!
Thank you! Hope they will do come back :( How about the algae? what should I do with it on the digis?

How long has it been in your tank now? agree with above, they are very hardy, it needs good light and good flow.
Its been in the tank for 6 days now. How about the algae? what should I do with it on the digis?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about the algae unless it starts overgrowing the frag and killing or shading it. You can see if it blows off but I wouldn't dip it or anything at this point.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.0%
Back