What specific type of tile did you use in your fish room?

danoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found a lot of threads where people talk about tiling their fish rooms, and a lot of pictures of people who have tiled their fish rooms, but I can't find one where people talk about specific brands/types of tile they've chosen.

So, I'm tiling my fish room, and wondering if anybody can speak to the specific brand and type of tile they chose, and whether or not they are happy with it. I'm specifically interested in if anybody has any experience with stepwise tile choices, as that seems like it would be nice for slip resistance but also easy for cleaning.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found a lot of threads where people talk about tiling their fish rooms, and a lot of pictures of people who have tiled their fish rooms, but I can't find one where people talk about specific brands/types of tile they've chosen.

So, I'm tiling my fish room, and wondering if anybody can speak to the specific brand and type of tile they chose, and whether or not they are happy with it. I'm specifically interested in if anybody has any experience with stepwise tile choices, as that seems like it would be nice for slip resistance but also easy for cleaning.
Ive got polished wood floors cuz i had to put my nano in my bedroom XD If I did have my own fishroom, hopefully in the future, I'd go with stone tiles tho.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure that the type would make much difference. What I would not use, however, is anything with a gloss coating that will probably be very slippery when it gets wet.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back