what the heck is this?

keef reeper

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2022
Messages
63
Reaction score
61
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bleeding apple has been being annoyed by my hermits and I'm trying to keep it happy. They don't go after the warpaint just the apple. I've noticed now that it's not as puffy these weird tubes with what looks like little feather dusters out of the ends of them? Any help greatly appreciated
1000001837.jpg
 
Yep I love feather dusters. Ironically they usually die back on their own in most tanks as they don’t get enough particulate sized food. Mine grow like weeds I think cause I feed fairly heavy with frozen that I partially smash up while it thaws.
 
Feather dusters aren't usually a problem, but if you think they are bothering the scoly you could scrape them off. They usually aren't hard to remove with something sharp.
That's what I wasn't sure of if them and the hermits combined are what is bothering the bleeding apple. Dang now I'm kinda torn on what to do
 
Yep I love feather dusters. Ironically they usually die back on their own in most tanks as they don’t get enough particulate sized food. Mine grow like weeds I think cause I feed fairly heavy with frozen that I partially smash up while it thaws.
Ya I do that too. Kinda mix up the frozen as it thaws haha. I'm just wondering if they're whats been annoying ny scoly along with the dang hermits.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new