What to do next?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look like ick to you guys @melypr1985 @Humblefish because my blennys all have some sort of spots naturally on them

The spots on his head they look to be natural coloration. They are too evenly spaced and symmetrical to be ich. Though, that doesn't mean he didn't have ich spots on him before all this other stuff happened.

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spots on his head they look to be natural coloration. They are too evenly spaced and symmetrical to be ich. Though, that doesn't mean he didn't have ich spots on him before all this other stuff happened.
+1

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper is supposed to be .5 and your supposed to gradually put it upto that I thought that it was a 5 and I guess that .5 is equal to 2ppm

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper is supposed to be .5 and your supposed to gradually put it upto that I thought that it was a 5 and I guess that .5 is equal to 2ppm

First, it is important to know what kind of copper you are using. Cupramine is fully charged (ionic) copper, and has a therapeutic range of 0.35-0.5 mg/L or ppm. You would use a Seachem or Salifert copper test kit for Cupramine, as those are capable of reading copper in the low range. Coppersafe, on the other hand, is chelated copper. It has a much higher therapeutic range of 1.5-2.0 mg/L or ppm. As such, you need a “total copper test kit” such as API’s to measure Coppersafe.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back