What to do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter goody
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
194
Location
Carlsbad, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three questions:

1. I've let the coralline algae get out of control on the sides of my acrylic tank. What is the best way to remove? I have the Kent scraper, just seeing if anybody has a better suggestion.

2. I have a corner overflow on my 90g. with the install of my new lights I was able to see all the 'gunk' (detritus?) built up. There is about 4" on the bottom of the return side. Should I vacuum/siphon this out? If so, will this cause any change in water parameters or release any toxins?

3. Somewhat related to #2, but in a corner of my tank, behind some of my rocks, the full 3" of sandbed in this area has turned black. Should I move rocks and siphon this out as well?

Current water parameters:
pO4- .02
Ca- 460
Alk- 8.6dkh
Nitrate 0 (according to old API test kit)
ph- 8.0
Temp.- 81
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new