What to put between stand and hardwood floor? Dri-Dek?

Windy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a sheet metal pan with a drain made by a local HVAC contractor. That is what is used on second story air conditioning installations.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself used a pond liner. Folded twice and folded 3" up the sides making it like a catch basin. I have had my sump overflow twice already and had no spill outside the tank. All I needed was a wet/dry vacuum to suck out the water. Make sure there are no tears on the liner and fold up the corner edge to form a basin. Worked for me.

foxfacelo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a sheet metal pan with a drain made by a local HVAC contractor. That is what is used on second story air conditioning installations.[/QUOTE]
I initially looked at the metal pans and was going to have one made to size until I was told that they will rust quickly with saltwater. That's when I decided to go with the pond liner. I'm glad I did!

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have nothing on mine it's been there for a few years. My only issue is my blue tang splashes water out of the tank. I'm working on making a glass top for the rimless right now to stop the splashing.

Jamesmost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An oldie but a goodie....
What's under your stand ?
Doing a tank swap next week,,, wondering what to put between the stand and hard wood floor......

Got nothing now, wood to wood, thinking best way for it to breathe?

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cork. I used a 1" wide adhesive backed roll all around the outside edge of the stand. Very safe on the wood and keeps any spilled water from getting under the stand.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have hardwood floors, and I'm about to set up a new tank. What should I put under my stand to protect the floor (if anything).
I've read about something called Dri-Dek, but I'm not sure if that is good for under a heavy tank.

Thanks
Wayne

I put "moving men" under the legs. They are the plastic disks with rubber foam glued to once side. People use them to place under the legs of heavy furniture so they can easily slide around on carpet.

Jamesmost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought sheets of furniture feet with glue on back,,
Cut strips 2"x 6" and placed around perimeter of base 3"s apart and a few in the middle....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back