What type of posts annoy you on this site?

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two (no- three) types
1 Any thread titled, What tang can I put in my *tank size here* -it always goes down hill.
2 Any thread with 'Green chromis' in the title, they end up with pages of either 'they kill each other' or 'mine have lived together for years with no problem'
3 Any thread with 'what's a peaceful damsel'

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have say ISO posts. people looking for things that stores have plenty of. Seems they don't want to pay the store price though.
Do you mean anything and everything or just the high end equipment? We all know how expensive this hobby can be, if I can get a deal on a used piece of equipment for $300 when it costs $600 in the store I’ll jump on it. As long as the seller is honest and it works perfectly fine

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean anything and everything or just the high end equipment? We all know how expensive this hobby can be, if I can get a deal on a used piece of equipment for $300 when it costs $600 in the store I’ll jump on it. As long as the seller is honest and it works perfectly fine
Anything. I'm all for saving money, but if I'm looking for something I'll check and see if it's offered.
It comes across as lazy and cheap to ask. Just my opinion.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything. I'm all for saving money, but if I'm looking for something I'll check and see if it's offered.
It comes across as lazy and cheap to ask. Just my opinion.
Ahh okay I see what you're saying now. I do agree with you, but also see posting an ISO post as a benefit. I did for a UV sterilizer and found 2 of them from somebody that didn't have them posted (they were just sitting not being used as he had upgraded to a larger one).

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh okay I see what you're saying now. I do agree with you, but also see posting an ISO post as a benefit. I did for a UV sterilizer and found 2 of them from somebody that didn't have them posted (they were just sitting not being used as he had upgraded to a larger one).
I'm sure it works. I've answered some of those posts. They never turned out well. It seemed they wanted stuff for almost free. Plus the original box. Guess that's why I'm jaded towards it.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it works. I've answered some of those posts. They never turned out well. It seemed they wanted stuff for almost free. Plus the original box. Guess that's why I'm jaded towards it.
yeah I see where you're coming from. That would ruin it for me as well

Biocuber29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
L O W. . . . B A L L E R S. !!!

A n d

Those who ask a question and reply “ I ALREADY KNOW THAT”
Maybe they are hoping for that price because that’s all they have saved to that point. Not necessarily lowballing. Just tell them no thanks and move on Now skin off your back to say no.

Lbabylee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if any type of posts annoy you guys on this site?

For me, it's when people ask help to identify something, and send a picture with blue light only cranked to the max, and the picture is dark. It's like over 50% of the ID threads. Maybe it's just me and I can't filter out blue light or something.
For me it’s when folks add fish to a tank that’s not cycled.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There aren't many that annoy me ,, I just move on :) but if I had to pick the one that annoys me the most ,, the one that would be at the Top of my list would be ,,

The people who complain about Blue Light Pictures :) for the life of me ,, I just can't see their argument ,,, our corals look best under blue lights ,, at least to my way of thinking ,, 6:20 every evening is when my Chalice tank looks the best and 7 PM in the SPS tank :) my 2 favorite times of the day ,, no matter what else I have going on in my day ,,, I am at my tanks at those two times ,,

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back