What would you do with a 2nd tank?

you mean some of us only have one tank???

Id have no clue what to do with another tank. Im still learning and the only reason I have two saltwater tanks is I needed to move my puffer out of my 75 gallon so I could keep snails alive long enough to actually clean some of the algae.

But I would love to eventually have a tank with a decent looking aquascape in it and a bunch of different types and colors of corals with fish that don't hide all the time. Hell, even the Rainbow nem I just got two days ago immediately went to the back of a rock to settle where I can only see one or two tips over the rock...
 
Probably go insane. I am a one tank owner today, and I suspect to keep it that way. Currently mixed reef.

If I really were to do a 2nd tank it would be dedicated to SPS.
 
So if you have your first tank set up already and you managed to talk your S.O. into a 2nd tank, what would you do with it? Let's assume it's a 70-gallon...just for conversation's sake... Let's assume your first tank is a 225-gallon acro-dominant mixed reef... What would you do with the new 70-gallon tank??
So I had a 60g ended up with a second but after a year of dealing with two tanks I ended up breaking both down for one larger tank!

That said, I think the obvious answer is a predator tank. Eel, triggers, maybe a lionfish, puffer, stuff like that. The things you can’t keep in your sps tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new