OP
OP
Sleepingtiger

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on which filamentosus you're referring to... Cirrhilabrus filamentosus is aggressive and does not mix with other wrasses, Paracheilinus filamentosus would be a good choice.
P. filamentosus. It looks similar to the carpenter and was afraid of agression

OP
OP
Sleepingtiger

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm going to tell you this... Naokoae is known to not ship very well so beware. I took a chance and bought $100 one (was a beautiful male) from NY Aquatic which arrived half dead/dead in hours along with a green coris that had an ulcer eating into it on both sides and was dead in the bag. Done with NYA and got an actual refund. I probably won't buy another Naokoae unless I find one local. I did get a very nice Lubbocki multi and a much smaller than expected powder blue tang though.

w1.jpg

I think i am lucky. I found someone local who will quarantine the fish for me for two weeks

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a total of 5 wrasses and am obsessed! I don’t know much about other ones but from the ones I have I would say check out the H. Iridis and Cirrhilabrus isosceles. Both of them aren’t agressive at all with mine and both are stunning. H. Iridis is by far my favourite wrasse I have

OP
OP
Sleepingtiger

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a total of 5 wrasses and am obsessed! I don’t know much about other ones but from the ones I have I would say check out the H. Iridis and Cirrhilabrus isosceles. Both of them aren’t agressive at all with mine and both are stunning. H. Iridis is by far my favourite wrasse I have
according to liveaquaria, iridis is expert only, but didn't say why. Any reasons for this?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you're saying its liveaquaria crappy shipping service that made the fish export only? LOL. that's funny

I saw that fish and thought it was amazing, then noticed it was expert only so I didn't look further.
Well, that species doesn't ship well. Similar to a leopard wrasse, if that helps.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the top 2 wrasses?
Top wrasse is Cirrhilabrus exquisitus in display and the middle is Cirrhilabrus lubbocki (INDO variant) in display.
Here’s the Cebu Variant of C. lubbocki in display. I have both variants :)
IMG_1749.jpeg

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses do not form pair bonds in nature, they form harems. Keeping multiples of the same species of wrasse is not recommended for most hobbyists. OrionN is an exception he has a very large tank and decades of experience keeping wrasses. Most folks that try to attempt what he has accomplished can't pull it off for long.

OP
OP
Sleepingtiger

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses do not form pair bonds in nature, they form harems. Keeping multiples of the same species of wrasse is not recommended for most hobbyists. OrionN is an exception he has a very large tank and decades of experience keeping wrasses. Most folks that try to attempt what he has accomplished can't pull it off for long.
I would love to have a harem of wifes... i mean wrasses.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have a harem of wifes... i mean wrasses.
We’d all love a harem of wrasses… There are many exceptions to many of the rules, I mean half of my wrasses should want to murder eachother but in my 4’ tank it’s the other way round and the most peaceful of them are the bosses.
Maybe it’s due to the threatening teeth though (Here’s my big boss wrasse).
IMG_5871.jpeg

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
according to liveaquaria, iridis is expert only, but didn't say why. Any reasons for this?
Not sure, I’m not an expert by any means and it was one of my easiest to qt and go into the display. Like the other person said they aren’t good shippers but I got mine shipped to me then picked them up first thing in the morning and it has worked for me good

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back