OP
OP
Jgeebs413

Jgeebs413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright maybe I'll draw out the sunset and sunrise a little longer. Also a cloud setting I could use with it so maybe that's another option also

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few things here, if you're not home all day to view the tank but want to view it in the evenings, don't be afraid to not even have the lights start coming on until like 10am or something. There is no rule of law that states if it's light outside it must be light in your tank.

If you only have two settings for ramping and have the ability to ramp for 4 hours just ramp 0-100 then 100-0. Stick your clouds or break setting in starting after the 4 hour point of max light and never let the lights go back up to the max setting before you start to dip into your reefy sunset.

Ignore the numbers and everything here and just look at the curve in relation to time. Essentially you want to try to create something like this the best you can, even if its kind of a blocky version of it:

wKYL5Pw.png

OP
OP
Jgeebs413

Jgeebs413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I guess I could do that as well. Wish I had more control over the lights. I'll upgrade to something more high end eventually. Slowly upgrading parts here and there

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I guess I could do that as well. Wish I had more control over the lights. I'll upgrade to something more high end eventually. Slowly upgrading parts here and there

No worries we've all been there and very few of us start out with super nice this that or the other. A Nem is tough on a budget, but I think we can get it to work in your case. Just keep things updated here and I'll see what I can do to help along the way.

OP
OP
Jgeebs413

Jgeebs413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries we've all been there and very few of us start out with super nice this that or the other. A Nem is tough on a budget, but I think we can get it to work in your case. Just keep things updated here and I'll see what I can do to help along the way.

Lol it's not so much the budget it's the reckless spending I'm trying to avoid. . . Bought a new skimmer two weeks ago. . .told myself couple weeks before I buy anything else then last week bought a vortech mp40qd it's hard sometimes

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol it's not so much the budget it's the reckless spending I'm trying to avoid. . . Bought a new skimmer two weeks ago. . .told myself couple weeks before I buy anything else then last week bought a vortech mp40qd it's hard sometimes

Oh that stage is even more "fun" then the "on a budget" stage. That's the stage where you look at what you have then you look at what you want and you have to try to talk yourself out of stuff you feel you want/need on an almost hourly basis. Don't worry it's just a phase and will pass right around the time you die.

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is that tank? You said it's 120gal and 48" long?
That makes it sound very deep and like others said, the light may not be strong enough depending how deep the anemone stays.

OP
OP
Jgeebs413

Jgeebs413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is that tank? You said it's 120gal and 48" long?
That makes it sound very deep and like others said, the light may not be strong enough depending how deep the anemone stays.
It's 24" deep, I've been looking for a reasonably priced 60" tank that's 18" deep. Definitely lot of useless space on top. Th anemone stays right around the middle depth wise. He's rarely stretched way out doesn't seem to be reaching for light and pretty much settled right into this spot.

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 no feeding required for btas, +1 for lighting schedule recommendations, +1 if feeding smaller portions if you must.

Remeber they have one hole for consuming and expelling waste. Poor comparison but imagine yourself eating a 40+oz ribeye steak. Its gotta come out sometime and I wager its going to be unpleasant + your going to use a lot of energy pass it..[emoji3]

Let the record show that I personally would eat that steak. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Hope it works out!

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Addendum! Nems need food(misspoke here) but ime broadcast feedings are enough unless you have specific goals increasing their size or trying to maybe encourage a split. Totally ime. I aint a biologist and definitly want a ribeye...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%

Back