What's something everyone else does that you DO NOT DO?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,882
Reaction score
122,530
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reefing is all about "different strokes for different folks!"

So many ways to have a great reef tank.

What's something everyone else does that you DO NOT DO?

Donald Glover Wow GIF by MOODMAN
 
Water changes.

(Did I say that out loud?)
 
Never once QT'd any of my livestock for my tank since we didn't have the space for a QT tank.
 
I let my apex control the salinity (adds concentrated brine as well as functions as an ATO)

Similar to how described on this thread.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/why-do-people-buy-expensive-ato.1090871/
Scary I know.... but has logic to account for catastrophic failures, and I watch for slow trends/need to recalibrate with occasional checks with a tropic marin hydrometer.

Saves a lot of time and is very stable.
 
I have never measured pH. I set alkalinity and make sure there is good gas exchange in my house to disperse excess CO2
I don't measure pH, because why measure something unless you have a plan to deal with it? Maybe if I was going to set up an off cycle refugia and I wanted to see how the pH varied over time and how the off cycle refugia countered it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new