OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exact same ones I found on my GSP but they aren’t the GSP eating nudis which are purple with yelllow tips (which I also had lol )
This picture got the nudi in correct ? And not the ones like I got .?
So the ones like I got,what you notice from them,just eat algae/sponges? And not gsp flesh or the gsp tentacles as my gsp tentacles been near enough completely closed for a week now apart from smallest of tentacle just starting to pop out the bud/stolon so to speak or whatever it called ha ha and these slugs I often see there head part next to tentacles that just about coming out

Screenshot_20220504-220042_Chrome.jpg

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This picture got the nudi in correct ? And not the ones like I got .?
So the ones like I got,what you notice from them,just eat algae/sponges? And not gsp flesh or the gsp tentacles as my gsp tentacles been near enough completely closed for a week now apart from smallest of tentacle just starting to pop out the bud/stolon so to speak or whatever it called ha ha and these slugs I often see there head part next to tentacles that just about coming out

Screenshot_20220504-220042_Chrome.jpg
You are correct you circled the GSP eating nudi. I have no idea what the other nudi/slug thing eats but I found them only in my GSP as well and I tossed them , they do look like bunnies haha

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole thing, preferably from a few different angles.

Took this video when asked you question what you want picture of,but left slug in coral dip as thought numbers getting less and less so may aswell dip the gsp and when went back to it 10 minutes later I couldn't find it in the empty container pffft but video above shows it all angles plus from post 17 some videos with best video in post 18.but just looked in my rinse water after dipped gsp and found a small eunicid worm or maybe a dorvideo worm and small bristle worm,as noticed the possible eunicid worm ( not sure which kind ) few weeks ago so if only had one and was a bad guy,he now out tank ^_^

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here the little eunicid/ doevidea worm or however you spell it lol
And 2nd video when first spotted it.
It's truly amazing the amount if life with all the micro fauna and macro fauna we get in reef tanks compared to freshwater ^_^

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No still camera with macro lens? That's okay. Take a look at the following links for verification,
And I also found that this has been asked before here,

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sorry no camera with macro lens,haven't even used a camera in around 10 years or more,just use phone to take pictures on holidays .
But your id of dermatobranchus albus is a very good one and would say yeah thats it.
So thankyou for your time id'ing it for me and linking all the articles ^_^

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed 5 or 6 when got it,all bout same size,then week later another 7,then 1-2 every few days so probably around 25 removed so far in the 3.5 weeks I've had the gsp,when I'm seeing these it's after lights out and they on top of the gsp and not underneath where the sponges are and would be,there was some blue tubular sponges/ tunicate things underneath gsp when got but removed them also.
If I knew they just are sponges then would leave them be but as unsure and keep finding them on top the gsp mat ( which isn't deep purple like the underside and isn't bright white variety gsp mat) so I don't know if eating the actual mat and that's why not deep purple or stressing the coral that much its lightened or what idk,after 2 weeks of gsp been fully open,this last week it remained completely shut but me taking it in and out to remove these slugs could be part of reason.
Not found any for 3- 4 days now but last few times I've found some,some was miniscule,thought was grain of sand at first till zoomed in on phone,but only seeing them on gsp and nowhere else in tank,so hopefully they only eat gsp so they contained on it so easily removed I guess
If they were eating the GSP they would likey have similar colaration to it

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reply,sorry for late reply,been away for easter weekend, just googled name you said and very close match,couldn't find any of colour ones I had,but as you said lots of colour variations.
I removed all the ones I could find on the gsp frag ( after a few hours in tank) but one thing I know for sure,the amount of different species of all different kinds of micro/macro fauna in our tanks astounds me,find it extremely interesting and probably get more enjoyment out of them ,than the fish/ corals ha ha
Maybe I should of done a macro algae dominated tank with one or 2 fish or no fish ha ha
If they are beginning to look more similar to the GSP, then they could be a Stolonifera nudi. They are from the Indo-Pacific and some feed off soft corals.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220505-141801_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220505-141801_Chrome.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 24

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read stuff like this ( in screenshot I took from article) saying other dermatobranchus species known to eat soft corals so enough for me to think it is and get them out when see them.
Is this from sea slug forum? I miss sea slug forum...

slug could just be Dermatobranchus Sp. doesn't have to be an Albus. I would remove them yeah.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea slug forum is an archive, the actual forum posting functions went down a while ago.
Aw sorry ,me and tech don't mix at all.im still confused why all say all different forums on r2r ha ha,I get there different sections but I just thought r2r was the forum lol and no clue what a stickie is pffft

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.3%
Back