Lettuce sea slug in bad shape

TylerDurden

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Hoping someone can help me. I got a lettuce sea slug about 2 months ago, which seemed to thrive for weeks, until I found her stuck to the power head. I assume she was hurt - this has been 3 weeks. Ever since she seems small, white colored, and at times I find her floating around almost like she does not have the strength to hold on to the rock.

I have a dotty back, a hawk fish, a tomini, pair of clowns and an anthia

Water parameters are quite normal:

Phos 0.24
Nitrate: 18.4
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Ph: 7.9

Any assistance on how to bring her back to health is appreciated

All my best

IMG_1574.jpeg IMG_8E678853-7AB5-4805-B899-CAA7B85328A2.jpeg
 
As far as I'm aware, they only eat algae and I'm not seeing much algae in the pictures? It could be starving and it was stuck to the powerhead because it went there to eat and got stuck.
 
As far as I'm aware, they only eat algae and I'm not seeing much algae in the pictures? It could be starving and it was stuck to the powerhead because it went there to eat and got stuck.
+1 to this, these guys only eat on algae, specifically the filamentous species. It seems more likely to be a starving scenario rather than anything else.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new