What's up with the recent Red Sea Tank failures? 750XXL ? *UPDATE* Design Flaw CONFIRMED by Red Sea !!!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get what he is saying...He is just saying that the design of the stands are the same in the sense that the center brace is not in the center and is off to the right, (or left depending on how you look at it) and if that design is to blame, then wouldn't it affect those tanks as well. Weight and length and water volume had nothing to do with it...just design.

Water volume and weight has everything to do it. Just because a poorly designed bridge can hold up 1 car doesn’t mean it can hold up several trucks.

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water volume and weight has everything to do it. Just because a poorly designed bridge can hold up 1 car doesn’t mean it can hold up several trucks.
I get that also and wasn't trying to argue the point. You must be an engineer or a lawyer. ;)

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The design may be the same, but I'm sure there's dimensional variations in each aquarium and stand constructed as well.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You make so many assumptions in your effort to defend Red Sea, it’s killing ME lol. No, other tank models do NOT have to be affected. Their cabinet design could very well be insufficient for this one model.

How do you know that the other tanks must be affected? Did you compare the weights of all of their tanks, do a force analysis and failure studies on the stand material? I didn’t know you had a full engineering lab available- lucky!

It actually makes total sense.

Ummm - do you own one of these tanks? I own 2. The 750 XXL and the next lower size. The design is nearly identical. Im not defending RedSea - As I said yesterday - I actually am calling my insurance (and I've called RedSea x 2) - to discuss this issue - it would be a disaster for my tank to break in any fashion (leak or sudden total failure).

All I was saying is 'their cabinet design' is the same on this model as it is on the model 1 foot smaller. (I own both) - So - I'm looking for information - apologetically - it seems like you're just looking for argument. Because - believe me - I don't love RedSea. It could very well be that the longer design could be causing a problem - never said it couldn't - As to the rest of your comments - you know the answer,.

Please - feel free to list 'the assumptions in my effort to defend RedSea (its killing you lol - your quote) - All I want is to post what I've heard from RedSea - and get information about my tanks - whats yours?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why do you think they are reluctant to provide photos, details about the store and even if and when they filed a claim with Red Sea?

Where did I say they were reluctant to provide anything? I asked for pictures so that I can analyze whats happening with my tank? I think your comment is a little 'off base'.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you think they are reluctant to provide photos, details about the store and even if and when they filed a claim with Red Sea?

That’s a good point. I would like to see photos as well- anyone can join a forum and make claims.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did I say they were reluctant to provide anything? I asked for pictures so that I can analyze whats happening with my tank? I think your comment is a little 'off base'.

It was rhetorical lol. He is not asking you directly. He is saying it is suspicious for someone to join a forum to tell their story without any evidence.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was wondering that also...something smells fishy, (pun intended).

The funny thing is - I didn't think anything sounded fishy - I just wanted to know what is causing the problem.

ESAYARKAY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MnFish1
TheHarold
Valuable Member
"You make so many assumptions in your effort to defend Red Sea, it’s killing ME lol."
I've been following you closely throughout this thread and have found you to be an impartial and savvy Red Sea owner. That is the conclusion I drew from seeing you ask intelligent questions, make level headed comments and keep a relational conversation with civility.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was rhetorical lol. He is not asking you directly. He is saying it is suspicious for someone to join a forum to tell their story without any evidence.
Well then he needs to write better to his audience lol:)... Come on - in one second you're asking me why im defending RedSea in the next you're doing the opposite - please - dont reply:). I dont want to argue with you. I just want the best information for the tank thats holding 210 gallons + of water in my house. Like I said - whats your reason for joining this discussion. Because - its not a philosophical engineering discussing IMHO - It involves thousands of dollars of personal property - that may or may not be covered by insurance. Believe me - I'm considering giving up my 'upstairs' tank - so its not an intellectual debate.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@MnFish1
TheHarold
Valuable Member
"You make so many assumptions in your effort to defend Red Sea, it’s killing ME lol."
I've been following you closely throughout this thread and have found you to be an impartial and savvy Red Sea owner. That is the conclusion I drew from seeing you ask intelligent questions, make level headed comments and keep a relational conversation with civility.

Unfortunately - I dont know if you think I'm asking valid questions - or @TheHarold - nor do I care - I think I've tried to explain where I am in this situation. I am certainly not defending @redsea - nor do I have any reason to do so

ESAYARKAY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I wasn't asking you why YOU said they were reluctant, I was asking it because I think they are. That was a misunderstanding. My apologies.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NO problem:)
BTW - I wouldn't assume they are reluctant. I would assume they have a lot of problems in their house - and posting here is the last thing on their minds.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@TheHarold was right:). I misinterpreted - which goes to the problem of the forums in general - its hard to tell:)

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheHarold was right:). I misinterpreted - which goes to the problem of the forums in general - its hard to tell:)
That's what emojis are for. ;Happy If you are being sarcastic online and don't add a wink emoji or a tongue sticking out then you are just being a [Censored]. :p

ESAYARKAY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW - I wouldn't assume they are reluctant. I would assume they have a lot of problems in their house - and posting here is the last thing on their minds.
Possibly. Although, taking the time to create a new account and sign up for R2R with all that entails, and write up that post is also very time consuming. Just a thought. Answering a couple of questions regarding where things are holding instead of copying and pasting yesterday's post wouldn't have taken too long.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 117 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back