What's Your Most Expensive Livestock?

Fizzicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a similar deformity in clowns. ORA sells them as "stubbies". Kinda cute imo. Shorten lifespan and frequently sterile from what i understand though.

Ive heard of em!
They (short bodies) only come from captive breed operations due to well, survival of the fittest. Most of the fish in the SW trade are wild caught. And those of course are generally fit specimens.
Now that were seeing a huge increase in captive breeding for SW fish Im sure more will come to market.
My short body red tail was imported from a thai fish farm.
No surprise clowns are the first SB's considering we CB all kinds of color morphs.
Id spend a stupid amount of money on a SB black storm clown!

OP
OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$260ish for crosshatch trigger.

Not a bad price. I've always wanted one of those! I only found them sold in pairs recently though for like $600.

Someone had a video on a boat in Hawaii that showed dozens of Crosshatches feeding at the surface. You could've just easily stuck a net down and scooped up like 20. Makes me wonder why they're so expensive, especially with most people not wanting to spend over $50 on a fish. This was before the Hawaii ban as well.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I'm not keen on spending premium $$ for corals with silly names that will become commonplace in the hobby once established (well, most will), I do have soft spot for rare-in-the-hobby fish. Gem, Zebra and Black tangs were all north of $600, and my Mauritius Lapillus leopard wrasse was north of $300.

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think mine is 150$ for my Vlamingi Tang...

img_1476909494-628740-jpg.411204

OP
OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They generally get about half as long. But they're fat AF.
My red tail in particular has a pretty severe deformity so he may be even shorter than half.
What do you keep him in? A pool? Lol. I had a giant snakehead back in the day when Petland Discounts chain stores were around. They always seemed to leave out how big the fish actually got (before the internet). He was in a 90 all by himself and only ate large goldfish.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the most expensive thing currently in my tank might be the male square anthias. But that was in large due to the shipping charge. I'm pretty sure everything else including all corals were less than 50, most frags were less than 20 a piece. Nothing high end in my tank... so far.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been pretty cheap. Paid $80 for an orange-back fairy wrasse. I'll be blowing by that one sometime in the next year or so though. Too many expensive($100-$250), to me anyways, wrasses on my stocking list.

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most expensive fish that I used own is Japanese Dragon Moray Eels, it's cost $1400 bucks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back