What's Your Most Expensive Livestock?

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the most you've paid for a single fish, coral, or invert (not including shipping)? And what made it worth it to you?

I'm just seeing the general consensus on what the most people pay is. Many LFS's say that customers don't want to spend more than roughly $20-$50 for livestock, so that's why they carry the same old selection that sells quick, and isn't a big loss if it dies.

So what's the most expensive guy in your tank? Mine is a 7" Magnificent Foxface that sells for $189 at the online place I bought it. I actually paid for a smaller one for $140, but received the bigger, more expensive one. Also a Harlequin Tuskfish for $120.

I paid that amount because I had been looking for a Magnificent Foxface for almost a year locally with no results. Of couse a month after I got the fish, my local store had the size I wanted for $60, lol.

seamonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paid 100 for a very nice scoly
abc86579c57f3761272c0031627dc603.png

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most expensive was a Quoy's parrotfish for $200. It never ate in my care, and after a month, passed.

Recently added another one to my display after a successful quarantine, who eats nearly everything ... except corals and GHA - and cost $140.

~Bruce

pandagobyguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
800 bucks for a short body red tail catfish.

For those of you reading who don't keep freshwater.
Its basically a catfish with a deformity making it "stubby"
There is a similar deformity in clowns. ORA sells them as "stubbies". Kinda cute imo. Shorten lifespan and frequently sterile from what i understand though.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$60 scolly and $60 blue jaw trigger. Scolly is doing well after 2 yrs, the trigger passed only after 1 wk due to ich which also took down my clown tang and clown fish

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a $100 limit on myself. Granted I do have bounce mushrooms and big black torch colony in my home tank and some higher end acros in my office tank, but I didn't really pay for any of them and I am in the market for a Colorado Sunburst Anemone and an Inferno Anemone. I think I might have to re-think my self imposed limit :confused:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back