What's Your Most Expensive Livestock?

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the same eel in your avatar? ;Nailbiting
No, the one in my Avatar is Tesselata, it's cost $200
I love it since it devoured couple thousand bucks of expensive tank mates already....
All the live stocks that other folks keep saying "oh, it's fine", "it will be ok".....blah blah blah and all ended in his belly :p

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60 bucks for a black cap basslet and 80 for a med size Sohal tang.

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the most you've paid for a single fish, coral, or invert (not including shipping)? And what made it worth it to you?

I'm just seeing the general consensus on what the most people pay is. Many LFS's say that customers don't want to spend more than roughly $20-$50 for livestock, so that's why they carry the same old selection that sells quick, and isn't a big loss if it dies.

So what's the most expensive guy in your tank? Mine is a 7" Magnificent Foxface that sells for $189 at the online place I bought it. I actually paid for a smaller one for $140, but received the bigger, more expensive one. Also a Harlequin Tuskfish for $120.

I paid that amount because I had been looking for a Magnificent Foxface for almost a year locally with no results. Of couse a month after I got the fish, my local store had the size I wanted for $60, lol.
$249 for a Blue Squamosa Clam and $179 for my Purple Tang.

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_4208.JPG

200 for the pair so 100 for a frostbite clown

Jolene1011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple tang, but I actually got it and a sailfin tang at the same time. I purchased the pair for $200. They were the maintenance crew in frag tanks at my somewhat lfs. The owner kindly acquiesce my request to remove the frag racks and get them out for me. I then got a fat, healthy yellow tang for $20 the next weekend from a local fish group. They are my favorite 3 amigos. The purple and the yellow bicker a little, but for the most part no problems with adding them all close together. Here's a pic of when I first got them in the tank.
20170529_171141.jpg

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently, my $50 Potter’s angel is my most expensive tank inhabitant.

I’d like to invest in some higher end wrasses sometime down the line.

I think if you like something enough, it’s worth it!

CanadianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see... For fish, I paid $300 for a super male magma wrasse, $250 for a maculiceps tang, and $200 for a purple tang. As for corals, I spent $300 each on some ultra grade squamosa clams and $375 on a super cool meat coral.

I do want to add a crosshatch trigger, a rhomboid wrasse and a lineatus. Speaking of, my LFS contacted me because for the first time in a while, they had a few lineatus available. Unfortunately they were $500 each. For that price, I think I'll hold out for the rhomboid, which is by far my favourite of the two.

Fizzicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you keep him in? A pool? Lol. I had a giant snakehead back in the day when Petland Discounts chain stores were around. They always seemed to leave out how big the fish actually got (before the internet). He was in a 90 all by himself and only ate large goldfish.

Currently in a 5'x2.5' glass foot print tank. Hes about 14 inches.
I want to upgrade to something along the lines of 8'x4' Ive got about a year Id say before hes 2'.
Keeping a watchful eye on craigslist for a large acrylic tank.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the one in my Avatar is Tesselata, it's cost $200
I love it since it devoured couple thousand bucks of expensive tank mates already....
All the live stocks that other folks keep saying "oh, it's fine", "it will be ok".....blah blah blah and all ended in his belly :p

Now it’s the most expensive fish!! I’m assuming bad advices ...? Wow man ... Wow!

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man I need to step up my reef game !!!! I thought my little Nano tank purchases were bad lol .... rainbow welso here I come !!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 145 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back