What's Your Most Expensive Livestock?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish....C. rhomboidalis terminal male I paid $285 for, C. laboutei I paid $275 for. No super expensive corals but several I paid $100+ for including a spathulata colony from Unique Corals.

Unregistered User

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal ones will get 4-5 feet.
Short bodies will get about half that, maybe more maybe less depending on how severe the deformity is.
My guy in particular I dont see getting over 2.5'
Hes currently about 14" in a 5'x2.5'

Ive only seen the small ones at lfs. Very cool.

Fizzicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few photos of the fat boy in question.
I call him Shogun.
For size reference each one of the tiles is 6"x6"
IMG_0017.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg

OP
OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not allowed to divulge but the pics say it all.

5D796BCE-A2A3-4D49-A72A-86502CA8F91E.jpeg

5A69EACC-39AA-45E6-9438-D1A824CADB82.jpeg

What is that fish in the first picture? I've never seen anything like that before. I like different, abnormal or odd looking fish.

My first salt tank, which was a 72 bow 20 years ago, had a Volitan Lionfish, Panther Grouper, Harlequin Tuskfish, Long-Horned Cow Fish, Clown Trigger, Huma Huma Trigger, Niger Trigger, Lunare Wrasse, Angler (frog fish), and I hatched a baby Banded Cat Shark egg.

This tank had the most awesome display of unique and different looking creatures all peacefully coexisting. Unfortunately no one told me how big each would get. This was pre-internet btw. The tank sprung a leak and wiped out every fish I had. But they were gorgeous to watch.

That's why I want to know what fish that is. He fits my "unusual species" fetish, lol.

blueface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is that fish in the first picture? I've never seen anything like that before. I like different, abnormal or odd looking fish.

My first salt tank, which was a 72 bow 20 years ago, had a Volitan Lionfish, Panther Grouper, Harlequin Tuskfish, Long-Horned Cow Fish, Clown Trigger, Huma Huma Trigger, Niger Trigger, Lunare Wrasse, Angler (frog fish), and I hatched a baby Banded Cat Shark egg.

This tank had the most awesome display of unique and different looking creatures all peacefully coexisting. Unfortunately no one told me how big each would get. This was pre-internet btw. The tank sprung a leak and wiped out every fish I had. But they were gorgeous to watch.

That's why I want to know what fish that is. He fits my "unusual species" fetish, lol.
Wrought Iron Butterfly

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to mention prices, since I paid a lot less than common retail for all of the below, but I definitely spent enough to not tell my wife on all of the following:
- Crosshatch Trigger pair
- Jason Fox Homewrecker frag
- WWC Kung Pow Monti frag

Paid live sale prices on the frags and transshipped the fish from a diver/collector.

blazeby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$100 for a Moyeri Leopard Wrasse, but have some more expensive fish that I got lucky and cheap (Regal, Blotchy)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back