OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of dismal longer term success rates on all Scollies IMM.

Good for a year, year and a half, haven’t seen many more than 2 years old, however some have success.

Its potentially the area of collection that we don’t mimic in most aquaria, silty waters and cooler.

Elegance and Long Tentacles Plates I throw in the same category.
See this is something that I have heard, but once I talk to LFS they tell me elegance aren’t hard to keep, but I have a fungi not long tentacle and it won’t open much for a couple days and then be the biggest puffiest I have ever seen it, it’s so strange.

One of the corals my father really wants to get is one of those elegances… Picks the hardest corals for me to take care of.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See this is something that I have heard, but once I talk to LFS they tell me elegance aren’t hard to keep, but I have a fungi not long tentacle and it won’t open much for a couple days and then be the biggest puffiest I have ever seen it, it’s so strange.

One of the corals my father really wants to get is one of those elegances… Picks the hardest corals for me to take care of.
I tried plates a dozen times in 5 years. I just can’t make them work. They may do well in your system. All systems are different.

There’s a list on this site somewhere that notes fish, inverts and corals that don’t seem to take well to captivity.

For me, they start off stunning, stay that way for about 3-4 months, then overnight, retract and perish over 2-3 days.

Some believe elegance sourced from Australia do better.

My system is 5 years old. My rule is if it dies in less than a year, it’s not replaced.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried plates a dozen times in 5 years. I just can’t make them work. They may do well in your system. All systems are different.

There’s a list on this site somewhere that notes fish, inverts and corals that don’t seem to take well to captivity.

For me, they start off stunning, stay that way for about 3-4 months, then overnight, retract and perish over 2-3 days.

Some believe elegance sourced from Australia do better.

My system is 5 years old. My rule is if it dies in less than a year, it’s not replaced.
Looked at your profile and squinting but do I count 7 lights over your tank???

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back