OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post the winner of those three battles when one is decided. In my other contest between the ORA Blue Tort and The WWC Purple Candle, it is still a dead heat standoff with both growing and nobody taking over... this one is going into overtime.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a sunrise millepora and a blueberry stag grow into eachother. They didnt fight or kill eachother, just kind of grew around eachother and kept going

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The TDF won from my first photo. It completely surrounded and destroyed the ORA Orchid from all sides - Patton did not break through to save Bastonge (sorry, but WWII guy).

I took all of my colonies out and started over with frags. The TDF was probably 10-12 inches across in a perfectly flat table. That ORA Orchid was the size of a basketball. About every three years, I have to take the colonies out and start over again. I had probably 40-50 touch points where the corals were touching and they were so close to the glass that I could not scrape anymore without making a hundred frags.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The TDF won from my first photo. It completely surrounded and destroyed the ORA Orchid from all sides - Patton did not break through to save Bastonge (sorry, but WWII guy).

I took all of my colonies out and started over with frags. The TDF was probably 10-12 inches across in a perfectly flat table. That ORA Orchid was the size of a basketball. About every three years, I have to take the colonies out and start over again. I had probably 40-50 touch points where the corals were touching and they were so close to the glass that I could not scrape anymore without making a hundred frags.
What did/do you do with all the colonies?

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I break them up and give them away. Sometimes I sell parts of them if they are really nice. This time, I saved hunks of the nice stuff for my frag tank to start colonies there. I do not exactly break up my Purple Monster or other super nice and slow growing stuff, so it sticks around. Clams get to stick around too.

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I break them up and give them away. Sometimes I sell parts of them if they are really nice. This time, I saved hunks of the nice stuff for my frag tank to start colonies there. I do not exactly break up my Purple Monster or other super nice and slow growing stuff, so it sticks around. Clams get to stick around too.
That’s amazing to have a tank grow so quickly that you get to start over after just a few years. I’m surprised you don’t have a build thread for your main tank. Do you have a thread where you’ve posted any pictures of your tank/setup?

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you need some help freeing up extra space let me know your prices!

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bunch of frags from a live sale or auction a few months back. I stuck this WWC Blue Limeade in a natural hole spot in the rock and forgot about it. 9 months later, the Spongdode Monti is right next to it.

I thought the Limeade is a goner. But it looks like it is fighting back ok and making the edge of the Spongdode folding up. Or the Spongdode is getting ready to lift over it like a blanket.

IMG_20200601_153314.jpg
InkedIMG_20200601_153438_LI.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back