When to dose aminos

ReefJCB

View Badges
Reaction score
Is there a better time of day to dose aminos? My thought was nighttime when most polyps are extended.

https://www.omegasea.net/

Spare time

View Badges
Reaction score
I think it depends on the coral. Maybe for lps night is better, but for softies and sps I dont think there would be a big difference

mitch91175

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I believe that your coral will adapt to the time you dose the same as your fish adapt to timers for feeding, etc. I could be mistaken, but being consistent is likely more important than an actual time-of-day.

Copingwithpods

View Badges
Reaction score
I agree with mitch91175 my fish feeding schedule is erratic and no matter what time of day I feed my corals will extend feeding tentacles. I think as long as you give them enough time to eat any time you pick will be ok. Also dont be like me, stay consistent.

Copingwithpods

View Badges
Reaction score
No, it's my understanding that precipitation occurs when a solution is too concentrated not when it's diluted. I'm not sure I'm conveying that correctly but I think you get what I mean.
I do, I believe I just asked the wrong question, what I really meant was will it settle out and rest on the bottom or remain in solution? If not that is a great idea.

https://www.omegasea.net/

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Dose my reef energy at night always now. I was doing it randomly during the day and i guess i didnt really notice any type of considerable difference. I started to dose at night and i can tell you that i saw a response after only a few weeks of doing so. All of my corals are growing, looking good and getting great extension. I mainly dose for my wilsoni but i think i am going to continue doing so after i finish these bottles of A and B. I dont know if i want to stick with Red sea reef energy or if i want to switch to something else. I really havent looked into pros and cons of each but i guess ive heard alot of talk about brightwells product recently.

Hair Algae in your aquarium. Choose all that apply!

• I've never had hair algae

Votes: 36 8.2%
  • I Have had a little but nothing major

Votes: 112 25.5%
  • I Have had several tough outbreaks

Votes: 50 11.4%
  • I Have had a major outbreak that I won

Votes: 134 30.5%
  • Have had a major outbreak that caused me to tear the tank down

Votes: 19 4.3%
  • I am battling a little hair algae now

Votes: 104 23.7%