When to dose aminos

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on the coral. Maybe for lps night is better, but for softies and sps I dont think there would be a big difference

JW3500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix the aminos with reef rods and spot feed 2 times a week. It is working well for me.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that your coral will adapt to the time you dose the same as your fish adapt to timers for feeding, etc. I could be mistaken, but being consistent is likely more important than an actual time-of-day.

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with mitch91175 my fish feeding schedule is erratic and no matter what time of day I feed my corals will extend feeding tentacles. I think as long as you give them enough time to eat any time you pick will be ok. Also dont be like me, stay consistent.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different things will make use of aminos at different times so I just put some AcroPower in my ATO and call it a day.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it precipitate?
No, it's my understanding that precipitation occurs when a solution is too concentrated not when it's diluted. I'm not sure I'm conveying that correctly but I think you get what I mean.

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's my understanding that precipitation occurs when a solution is too concentrated not when it's diluted. I'm not sure I'm conveying that correctly but I think you get what I mean.
I do, I believe I just asked the wrong question, what I really meant was will it settle out and rest on the bottom or remain in solution? If not that is a great idea.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do, I believe I just asked the wrong question, what I really meant was will it settle out and rest on the bottom or remain in solution? If not that is a great idea.
No, nothing settles out for me.

Twisted1990s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always try and feed LPS and SPS overnight and let the tank sit in feed mode for at least one hour.

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose my reef energy at night always now. I was doing it randomly during the day and i guess i didnt really notice any type of considerable difference. I started to dose at night and i can tell you that i saw a response after only a few weeks of doing so. All of my corals are growing, looking good and getting great extension. I mainly dose for my wilsoni but i think i am going to continue doing so after i finish these bottles of A and B. I dont know if i want to stick with Red sea reef energy or if i want to switch to something else. I really havent looked into pros and cons of each but i guess ive heard alot of talk about brightwells product recently.

SaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose Fuel at night corals mixed with phyto or reef roids at night, my corals seem to love it.

Back