• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Where did the quality go?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#Neptune
#neptuneapex
#neptunesystems
#Tridentisgarbage
Let me start by saying I run a lot of Neptune gear, a lot. And I've never bashed Neptune.

My Trident started to act up, and magnetic stirrer going crazy by itself. Misreading miserably. So after a couple tickets, best resolution was to send it in for service. Not cheap by any means but, ok I've ran it for a year and a half and I'll follow the recommended protocol and send it in.

Upon it returning today, I plugged it in and hear this whining noise. Looked inside. See attached photo. Like how tf does this happen. For a piece of equipment that cost as much as these do. It is so cheaply made I'm so disappointed. From the poor tray design, the top triangle always falling out when changing reagents. Now this, like the solenoid is held in by a twist. What an absolute p o s.

I'm so mad. So after all the time spend messing around, paying money to sent it out, oh and let's not forget you have to pay your own postage out, with their program. Just to have it return broken. And they send new sample lines, but are to lazy to change them. Like how hard was it, change the bloody lines, lazy.

No phone number to call, no company face. Just some bs ticket system where you wait, and wait, and wait.

20221228_145239.jpg

Last edited:

averagesteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be different if they didn't lack competition... As far as I know, they are the only ones whom make anything like the trident, so they can get away with charging like $700 and make it at whatever quality they want.

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be different if they didn't lack competition... As far as I know, they are the only ones whom make anything like the trident, so they can get away with charging like $700 and make it at whatever quality they want.

Right. But I literally paid 27% of what a new one would have cost me, to send mine out for service. What gets me more than the broken head, is how lazy these clowns are they couldn't even change the sample lines. There was also suppose yo be new sample connectors send, which there wasn't.

10gNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"No phone number to call, no company face. Just some bs ticket system where you wait, and wait, and wait."

I absolutely hate companies like this. There should be a law requiring companies who manufacture an sell products like this to have a customer service phone number.

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"No phone number to call, no company face. Just some bs ticket system where you wait, and wait, and wait."

I absolutely hate companies like this. There should be a law requiring companies who manufacture an sell products like this to have a customer service phone number.
agreed, should be criminal

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think I prefer the "no phone number" option to the alternative, ie: outsourcing to India for customer support. Sucks about your Trident; glad you were able to (fix) it at least?

10gNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I prefer the "no phone number" option to the alternative, ie: outsourcing to India for customer support. Sucks about your Trident; glad you were able to (fix) it at least?

True, however the law should state the customer support needs to be employees of the company and not outsourced!

I really REALLY hate companies that do this.

10gNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least CoralView has contact information listed on their website.

CoralVue​

505 JF Smith Ave
Slidell, LA 70460

Contact Us​

Call: 1(985) 781-9078
Fax: (985) 781-9081
I stand corrected. I found Neptune's on their website too:

15750 Vineyard Blvd
Suite 150
Morgan Hill, CA 95037 USA

T: 408-275-2205 (support)​

T: 408-275-2205 (sales)​

F: 408-762-2042​

14 foot reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes its the approach people take trying to get help.
I always revert back to the old saying, "You get more bees with Honey than you do vinegar"
My personal experience with Neptune has been nothing but A++
I've had issues and they have resolved them all including logging into my system for 2 hours on a Friday talking me through all sorts of steps and processes. It was a great learning experience and resolved my issues. I hope they make good on all your issues and you can find some good in their help and support.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always revert back to the old saying, "You get more bees with Honey than you do vinegar"
I've had issues and they have resolved them all including logging into my system for 2 hours on a Friday talking me through all sorts of steps and processes. It was a great learning experience and resolved my issues. I hope they make good on all your issues and you can find some good in their help and support.

Couldn't agree more. Not to mention time of month and more than likely holiday staffing. Then looking at the attached photo it looks like maybe the dos head pop'd off or the OP removed it trying to fix it solo. Red arrows are the stepper motor the green box is the dosing head. Could even align the dos head yourself and pop it on (video below may talk about it or search for the self service).

Support isn't perfect by any means but I've found that the more information I can provide, with pictures, and in a calmly manner always yields the best results. For both parties. No one has died or is on their death bead here and the tank can run perfectly fine without the Trident for a few days if not more.

1672273219793.png

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've had my fair share of Neptune support tickets. From simple program issue, all the way up to bad hardware, like one of my skys had to be re coded from factory, or a base unit needing to be switched because they couldn't find the problem( i run two base units). And for the most part a great experience. Like I mentioned, I've never thrown them under the bus, but this is ridiculous. I've created a ticket already for the problem above. So well see how it plays out.

I think anyone who owns a Trident can all agree. The quality/design of the unit is complete garbage, and cheaply made.

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't agree more. Not to mention time of month and more than likely holiday staffing. Then looking at the attached photo it looks like maybe the dos head pop'd off or the OP removed it trying to fix it solo. Red arrows are the stepper motor the green box is the dosing head. Could even align the dos head yourself and pop it on (video below may talk about it or search for the self service).

Support isn't perfect by any means but I've found that the more information I can provide, with pictures, and in a calmly manner always yields the best results. For both parties. No one has died or is on their death bead here and the tank can run perfectly fine without the Trident for a few days if not more.

1672273219793.png

The problem from orginal ticket couldnt be resolved, hense why it was sent in. So no, the head wasnt attemped to be removed by myself.

Second, the dosing head is held in by two grey slots, that the head twist into. Both taps came back broken(their behind the Dosing head in photo). So even if you could pop them back together, it wouldn't sit properly back into the unit itself.

Third, even if you did manage to fix it yourself. would you be satisfied with the money you spent sending it out? Thing is, if I pay for a service, I expect a "professional" service. Why else would you send it out....

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad
#Neptune

UPDATE

So not long after my ticket went through. I got a personal phone call straight from Neptune. Right off the bat apologizing for this happening. And they wanted to make things right. They clearly acknowledged somewhere in their repair process, something went wrong. They explained how there is typically checks and balances like we'd all assume. But somehow this slipped through the cracks.

To make things right. I received a brand new Trident. Two months of reagents again. And a Control Freak Neptune shirt. I'm very happy they did the right thing, and made things right.

Neptune for the win

20230117_202921.jpg

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back