Where to buy a Red Mandarin Dragonet?

Kaiser

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2016
Messages
325
Reaction score
133
Location
Ventura County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I've heard that it isn't recommended to quarantine a Mandarin, I was wondering what reputable source i could obtain one from. Is Liveaquaria actually a good source? I've never actually bought a fish from them so i have no idea myself, so I was wondering what other people thought.
 
The recommend the tank transfer method, there are lots of threads on here. I would attach one, but I am not sure how! Lol the mandarins have a healthy slim coat so it is my understanding that they act like a "carrier" for parasites. Tank transfer is a safe way to prevent introducing dz to your display tank.
 
Agreed. Tank transfer would be the best way of getting a mandarin through qt and protecting the rest of your tank inhabitants.

LiveAquaria is a solid vendor, but they don't qt their fish. And no vendors I am aware of have a flawless qt/disease prevention protocol.
 
Captive bred ones are available (ORA)....I would go that route
If I'm not mistaken, ORA stopped selling captive bred mandarins a few years ago, though they are still on their site. Another company, Biota, has captive bred mandarins. Algae Barn sells them.
 
If you are going to get a mandarin, please get one from biota. You can buy them at Algaebarn.com. They are captive bred and they come in eating frozen foods. They are pretty small but they have a much higher change of surviving because they are captive bred.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new