Where to get black 3/8" screen netting?

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where you can get 3/8" black screen netting to keep wrasses in?

The clear isn't an option since I don't like the look of it. The 1/4" is too small, and the 1/2 Lowe's stuff is too big.

Just wondering since I don't feel like making another set of screens for the tank with the 1/2" stuff doubled up unless I can't find better stuff.

AHDOnline

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get mine at lowes, right next to the chain link fence material outside. There was a display rack of about 3 sizes. It was not the deer guard stuff but i think it was bird netting.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get mine at lowes, right next to the chain link fence material outside. There was a display rack of about 3 sizes. It was not the deer guard stuff but i think it was bird netting.

I haven't been able to find the 3/8" stuff here. I guess I'll check again when I am out there today.

AHDOnline

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to find it online, but couldnt. I know i had to look around for a while to find it at the store.. I know the two lowes around here (northern pittsburgh) do carry it

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to find it online, but couldnt. I know i had to look around for a while to find it at the store.. I know the two lowes around here (northern pittsburgh) do carry it

Same here. A buddy of mine found the black 1/4" stuff, but it is WAY too small. It looks funny, and the cutdown on light penetration is too much.
3/8" would be perfect for light, no more wrasses jumping, and aestetically pleasing.
Hopefully I'll find some up here today. I'll post if I do.

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have u used a par meter to check if there's a difference on how much lighting is been lost by using the 1/4" netting?

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you cut the clear into the panels it looks clean and less light loss and its small. I know you said you dont want it but I got mine from Acroholic on here for cheap.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can find it at any store that sells pond supplies.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have u used a par meter to check if there's a difference on how much lighting is been lost by using the 1/4" netting?

15% on the black. I'll be testing the clear once my buddy installs his if I get a chance.

when you cut the clear into the panels it looks clean and less light loss and its small. I know you said you dont want it but I got mine from Acroholic on here for cheap.

I just really don't like the look of it aestetically. It stands out way too much for my taste. My tank is in the living room, so it has to kind of blend together.
Here it is with the black 1/2. It blends together a lot better and is almost like it was made for the tank.
Brad just posted some pictures of the clear.

Its just a personal preference thing.

DSC04650.jpg

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubled up the 1/2 last time and it works good if you do it right, but I'd like to just pick up the 3/8 stuff.
Hopefully they have some. We're stopping by Lowe's when the wife gets home. If they have some I'll post up.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can find it at any store that sells pond supplies.

I'll google some up and see if there is one close by

I see, I have a Faux canopy to cover all my uglies lol

Yeah I'm probably going to do that with the new tank. I plan on building a full canopy all the way to the ceiling. I'm trying to keep it pretty modern looking - we'll see how it turns out :tongue:

Here is my tank now - hence the reason to keep the top looking as clean as possible.

FTS7-2-09.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back