Which filters and di resin do you use and why?

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I swapped out my Brs color changing resin ( I use an extra cartridge) i left the spent cartridge next to the unit. I checked on it a few weeks later and it turned blue again. That has to be a faulty color change, it couldn't have regenerated itself just by being left out in the air. Right? I'm not at all tempted to stick it back in to find out.

OP
OP
kwandrsn

kwandrsn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I put the filter back the way it came 4 stage.... removed the second tds meter. Removed the extra chamber and second carbon.

Pressure stayed the same. Only difference was I filled 1 cup of water in 2 minutes instead of 2:25.

So im going to go back to the way I had it with 2 carbons

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This!

MaxCap System High Capacity Cartridge Replacement Kit

The last time I changed my first stage of DI it went almost 14 months and I changed it because I thought it was time not because of TDS readings. I religiously change the sediment and carbon blocks every 6 months.

I've also noticed that since I started using a booster pump to get me from 40psi to 75psi, that the DI lasts a lot longer and the membrane is also more efficient. I run this membrane as well which I think really lengthens the DI life and pays for itself in time.

NEW 99 Percent Rejection SpectraSelect Plus? 90-GPD RO Membrane

I've tired other cartridges before and found Spectrapure brand to be far superior. You get what you pay for!!!

OP
OP
kwandrsn

kwandrsn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah im gonna order a booster pump kit. Only getting 38 psi. I have a whole other change of filters but when after that im gonna run spectrapure. Im not making as much water as most people so I imagine is gonna be a while. When I go to fill my tank ill use about 75 gallons but after that maybe 5-10 gallons a week depending on top off amount

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the BRS 75GPD kit. Be sure to get the new Carbon blocks for Chloramine... they will last longer and protect better. I refil my color changing resin with theirs. Easy to do and I have gotten super good at packing it in. pour to about 0% fill then tap it on the counter, pour more and tap. Pour and tap until the bag is gone. Tap it some more. then screw the bottom on.

OP
OP
kwandrsn

kwandrsn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on continuing to us matrix carbon filters.... I will look into chloramine ones... I tested my water with the strips and the FCI and TCI are both 3 at the tap. My tds is reading 99 at the tap today and 98 after prefilters and 1 before di and 0 after di..... and the FCI and TCI are both 0 after the di

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.0%
Back