OP
fishkeepersaltnfresh

fishkeepersaltnfresh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of clown & coral beauty in the other tank... So not sure if the neon DT would stress them out. The urchin is pretty slow in eating algae in this tank. He keeps the other tank nicely mowed.

Attachments

• 20221107_133031.jpg
    20221107_133031.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
fishkeepersaltnfresh

fishkeepersaltnfresh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really tempted to transfer my Coral beauty to this tank. It will give me an idea if neon DT will let angelfish co-exist within its tank. Also, Coral beauty could help me with the algae issue as well in my new tank....
Thoughts??

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really tempted to transfer my Coral beauty to this tank. It will give me an idea if neon DT will let angelfish co-exist within its tank. Also, Coral beauty could help me with the algae issue as well in my new tank....
Thoughts??
Can you rescue the coral beauty if the dottyback is mean? If so, sure go ahead and try it.

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thoughts on a 6 line wrasse. beneficial fish and usually can handle their own. the neon could attack almost any fish you add.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have sand bed so not sure if blenny are good option. How about wrasse?
Wrasses are a bad move. The only wrasses that fit in this tank size are too small and fragile (Wetmorella & Pseudocheilinops).
I have seen the mention of a Pseudocheilinus hexataenia but then you’re getting into territories of even riskier fish to keep with your current stock. These should be kept for larger tanks with the rock structure & amount to keep these guys from getting overly Aggressive.
That is a good suggestion. I will look into it. How about dwarf angelfish?
Dwarf angels in this tank size will not work. Again, they’re highly active and will stress in a 25G tank. Even if you have a CB already, I wouldn’t risk it. The reason for this is if you tried to add the CBA to the old tank again, depending on what fish you have (Tangs?) then chances are you won’t get the CB into the old tank again and you’ll just stress it out even more.

OP
OP
fishkeepersaltnfresh

fishkeepersaltnfresh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses are a bad move. The only wrasses that fit in this tank size are too small and fragile (Wetmorella & Pseudocheilinops).
I have seen the mention of a Pseudocheilinus hexataenia but then you’re getting into territories of even riskier fish to keep with your current stock. These should be kept for larger tanks with the rock structure & amount to keep these guys from getting overly Aggressive.

Dwarf angels in this tank size will not work. Again, they’re highly active and will stress in a 25G tank. Even if you have a CB already, I wouldn’t risk it. The reason for this is if you tried to add the CBA to the old tank again, depending on what fish you have (Tangs?) then chances are you won’t get the CB into the old tank again and you’ll just stress it out even more.
Currently, CB is co-existing peacefully with 2 clownfish (percula I think). There is absolutely no agression. The old tank is a 29G long (Petco)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently, CB is co-existing peacefully with 2 clownfish (percula I think). There is absolutely no agression. The old tank is a 29G long (Petco)
It’s still a risk, clowns - as you may already know - are nasty with aggression and Perculas aren’t an exception.

OP
OP
fishkeepersaltnfresh

fishkeepersaltnfresh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will keep that in mind. The experiment has begun. It's been 3 hours since I have transferred the CB. All good so far. Transferred CB before lights came on. It was a pain catching the CB. Had to remove 90% of rocks from the tank.

Attachments

• 20221108_113135.mp4
    20.6 MB

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back