Which t5HO retrofit: LET or ReefBrite

  • Thread starter Thread starter JBKReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Which T5 Retrofit?


  • Total voters
    6

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
1,965
Reaction score
2,299
Location
Bloomington, Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone! I'm looking for some advice on adding T5 to my 25 lagoon.

Currently I run 2 A80's but I'm wanting to upgrade the tank and have been piecing together some higher end equipment.

While I like all LED, I want to see what the mixed light of T5/LED will produce. With the tank only being 12 inches deep and the light will hang no more than 8 inches from the top of the water I think 2 t5 bulbs will be plenty (Not needing the full 4 or else I would look into one of the aquatic life fixtures)

I'm torn between the LET retro and the ReefBrite retro.

LET would be cheaper ($129), and add in the benefit of dimmable options (however with ramping up and down the Kessil's I'm not sure if this is needed) but having to wire it I'm worried the ballast might make the slimline canopy I plan to build too bulky.

2x24miro4t5light-a_1_4.jpg


ReefBrite would be about $60 more ($200), but seem to be a plug and play option without needing to wire or worry about ballast placement.

210973-reef-brite-supra-slimline-single-2.jpg


Has anyone used the ReefBrite retro? I've seen different feedback on the LET but not much on the ReefBrite.

What does everyone think?

As always Happy Reefing everyone!!!

Photos from Bulk Reef Supply, links to products:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/supra-slim-line-single-t5-retrofit-fixture-reef-brite.html

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dimmable-t5-ho-miro-4-retrofit-kit-let-lighting.html
 
I voted LET. I like to build stuff. The wires weren't bad to control, imo. I grabbed some plastic conduit to hide the wires on my floating canopy. Worked well.

Great, thanks for your feedback. If at all possible would you be able share a couple pics of your canopy?
 
I used the reef brites and have been very happy with them. Swapped 2 XHOs with their T5 units. JP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new